CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!!
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. My mom has been making these as long as I can remember. All my friend loved them. Like it got to the point where my softball team expected them atleast once a week!!!
Give them a try for yourself!!!
- 3/4 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 1/4 Cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans(optional)
Heat oven to 375. Beat shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. In separate medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture into creamed mix until just blended. Add chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet. (I smush them down just a little)
Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen.
A Few Notes:
- I usually do not put the pecans in. So many people with nut allergies now. So, I use 2 cups of chocolate chips
- I only use TollHouse chocolate chips when I can. Occassionally I have to use Hershey’s and my son likes them better that way but the TollHouse melt nicer and I think taste better. Find out what’s best for you to use.
- Everyone’s oven is different. I baked them 9 mins exactly. Remember to pull them right before you think they are done. When you see that very little hint of golden brown, pull them, unless you like them crispy of course
I hope you enjoy the great chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Have a great day and Happy Baking!!!