Grandma Fern’s Sugar Cookies
These are Grandma Fern’s sugar cookies. You can tell it’s an old-fashioned recipe. Just wait until you read it but it’s a good one.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups flour
Cream together margarine, pd sugar, oil, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat well. Sift cream of tarter, salt, soda, and flour together. Add to egg mixture.
Roll into small balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet and press balls down with a glass dipped in sugar.
Bake at 325 for about 12 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Have a Great Day and Happy Baking!!!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!!
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. My mom has been making these as long as I can remember. All my friend loved them. Like it got to the point where my softball team expected them atleast once a week!!!
Give them a try for yourself!!!
- 3/4 Cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 1/4 Cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans(optional)
Heat oven to 375. Beat shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. In separate medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture into creamed mix until just blended. Add chips and nuts.
Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheet. (I smush them down just a little)
Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen.
A Few Notes:
- I usually do not put the pecans in. So many people with nut allergies now. So, I use 2 cups of chocolate chips
- I only use TollHouse chocolate chips when I can. Occassionally I have to use Hershey’s and my son likes them better that way but the TollHouse melt nicer and I think taste better. Find out what’s best for you to use.
- Everyone’s oven is different. I baked them 9 mins exactly. Remember to pull them right before you think they are done. When you see that very little hint of golden brown, pull them, unless you like them crispy of course
I hope you enjoy the great chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Have a great day and Happy Baking!!!
I LOVE these cookies. I don’t know very many people that don’t love a Reeses cup.
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup Reeses peanut butter chips (10 oz pkg)
Heat oven to 350.
Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture blending well. Stir in chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes at 350.
My kids and husband love this cookie. It is one of our favorites. I really hope you and your loved one enjoy this recipe. Have a great day and Happy Baking!!!!