2. Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Spread batter evenly into cake pan.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
6. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
7. Once cake has cooled, remove dome from cake with a large serrated knife. Poke holes in the top of the cake with something like the end of a wooden spoon, or a straw.
8. Combine hot water and orange JELLO in a small bowl, then spoon mixture over the cake and spread it so that it goes into the holes.
1. To make the ice cream layers, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a mixer bowl until smooth.
2. Add milk and mix until smooth.
3. Fold in Cool Whip.
4. Divide mixture evenly between two bowls.
5. Combine hot water and remainder of orange JELLO powder in a small bowl. Fold into one of the bowls with half of the ice cream mixture.
6. Add vanilla extract to the other half of the ice cream mixture.
1. Line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will probably be a little taller than your pan. If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan. If not using a springform pan, you pan put some plastic wrap in the bottom of the pan and up the sides and use it to lift the cake out of the pan when it’s done.
NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your cake needs to fit in this pan.
2. Put the cake layer into the bottom of your pan.
3. The top cake with the vanilla ice cream and spread into an even layer.
4. Add the orange ice cream and spread into an even layer.
5.Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely, 6-8 hours.
6. When frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides.
7. To finish off the cake, ice the outside with additional Cool Whip. You can use gel icing color to make it orange, if you prefer. Pipe additional Cool Whip around the top edges and top with orange candy slices.
8. Freeze until ready to serve.
Look for other great recipes on Delish.com.
Have a great day and Happy Baking!!!!